A tactical backpack is the best type of backpack you can carry while hunting. It gives you a lot more customization than what you will find with a regular backpack. Below is a list I have compiled of 10 reasons why you need a tactical backpack while hunting. Hopefully this will assist you in making the right backpack decision for your personal needs.
- A tactical backpack offers you easier accessibility to your things with an 180 degree opening. Many tactical backpacks also offer an orange lining so that you can access your gear without much light. This helps by allowing you access without turning on a flashlight or other type of light and allows you to stay silent and in the dark while hunting.
- A tactical backpack allows room for the type of survival equipment that you require based on your type of hunting and allows you to personalize your pack to fit your needs. Yes, many people hunt, however, everyone finds other types of equipment helpful to them where someone else may not. This allows you to make sure you have everything you would like to pack right with you and not left at home because of lack of space for it.
- A tactical backpack gives you a much more durable pack to carry. It offers high-impact hardware, such as, buckles and have zip and flip closures that are reinforced. Many packs comes with an enhanced durability where the bottom panel of the tactical backpack is resistant to abrasions. This can help keep your backpack in better condition for longer periods of time, which saves you money and problems in the future with having to go out and purchase another pack or have your pack bust while out hunting. This can ruin your whole trip.
- A tactical backpack will almost always weigh less than another type of traditional backpack. They are made out of materials like nylon for added comfort and and quicker response time for you. The nylon product gives the added benefit of being much easier on your neck and back, which is a wonderful thing when you are out on your feet or crouched down for long periods of time.
- A tactical backpack gives you more freedom to customize your pack with different pouches of different sizes so that your pack fits your gear. You can include both inner and outer pouches or pockets to hold essentials such as, water, food, GPS systems, and flashlights.
- Most tactical backpacks come equipped with a side pocket for easy access to a water bottle. We all know how important staying hydrated is, no matter the weather outside.
- Many hunters still like to take their technology with them and a tactical backpack allows this with what is called a hard media compartment. It offers extra protection to your laptops, tablets, cell phones, cameras, and much more with built in padding.
- Your tactical backpack can be customized with loop patches as well. These come in really handy for carrying your rifles and keeping them within your reach and for storing an ammo mulle for easy access. Having these items right at hand can increase your hunting ability and the option to have them hooked on you securely allows you to have your hands free when you need them to be. The platform can be customized to fit you with access pouches, molle attachments to carry items such as hunting knives on the outside of the pack, and mesh or zippered pockets for anything else you may require to be right at the ready.
- Depending on how long of a hunting trip you are taking, the option to add on areas to carry your tent and sleeping bag can be a great thing. You can also add sorted pouches for things such as a money belt. This helps to keep you as organized as possible. The tactical backpack is Molle/PALS compatible. This means that the webbing is 1” and gives you the allowance to add all sizes and shapes of pouches.
- You can even customize your tactical backpack to have an hydration department. This allows you to carry paper type items that must remain dry and organized. You also have the option of customizing with departments for your cell phone to be reachable and a place to carry items for first aid.
As you can see, a tactical backpack is essential for a hunter to be able to be prepared for anything and be able to find what they are looking for in a moment. You can also have places for a baton or breaching tools added, as well as, a shoe compartment on the bottom of your pack to keep them dry in case you end up getting the ones you are wearing wet. This keeps you dry and comfortable and blister-free.