The backpack choice for most is not that important as long as it gets the job done.
Certain individuals who understand the value of a purpose built backpack tend to think otherwise because even if you’ve planned out a certain trip right, a large part of your experience can be affected by the backpack you’re carrying in the first place.
This is what you’re really investing in:
… that comfort you’ll need when you’re outdoors and lacking in energy.
Finding the right backpack involves more to do than making a choice based on what’s appealing to the eye hence we really recommend the Gregory Deva 60 for a number of practical reasons.
We actually tried it out/ran tests in different scenarios with it including filling to the brim with heavy things and trying to lift it as well as walking around with it for a while. We were very surprised to find out that it gives off that feel of barely carrying anything when you know that there are a lot of things packed in there.
It’s just something that is hard to appreciate indoors.
Why You’ll Love The Gregory Deva 60:
– If you’re an adventurous woman then this is hands down the backpack for you. It was designed specifically to adjust to your hips and then make sure that the pressure from weight doesn’t strain you as much as it would with a regular backpack due to the added touches on its straps.
– They’ve paid extra attention to the way everything is balanced together. You’ll enjoy that this is one of those backpacks you can count on no matter what it is that you decide to put into it because the designers have obviously figured out your needs. For instance, if you carry around a sleeping bag then there’s a compartment for it that’s attached to the bottom making it extra convenient for you.It’s common for people to need to access some of their items fast (passports, keys, mobile, etc) and thus you’ll find the pockets to the side extra useful for that. They’re even great for putting snacks in.
– It’s made to last. The Deva 60 can handle heat/snow and you can use it for those challenging hikes because you know you can rely upon a backpack of this kind. It basically prioritizes the hiking experience more so than the worry of items you have to take with you.
Are There Any Downsides?
– You’ll have to keep in mind that this is a bit of a heavy backpack. This might not be for you if you’re only looking to do those small trips that only last a few hours and ones you don’t have to carry many supplies for. This backpack is for those lengthier and more challenging trips where a bit of comfort goes a long way. You can virtually carry 15-20 kg of items and still feel comfortable.
– The price tag seems high at first. You should really think of this as an investment more so than a regular purchase because you’re paying for your own convenience and durability.
This backpack is hands down one of the highest quality backpacks made for women and there’s also a reason why it is one of the best sellers for the category. They’ve literally put all the hard work in, thinking of our needs so that we can focus on the important parts of the backpacking experience.
It makes your trips enjoyable knowing that you can let go of any worry that has to do with significant items you’re carrying and then focus on the actual journey.