Because I wanted a backpack that I could take traveling from the best to the worst conditions, I chose the Pelican sport laptop backpack. There are times when I go on business trips to UAE and weather can get to 30 degrees with pouring rain!
As for my weekend hiking excursions, this bag is great for what I need it for in the wild for at least a week or two. As long as my macbook pro is protected I pretty much lug this pack everywhere I go, even in the worst conditions.
The Pelican brand itself is of high quality. My dad is an avid photographer and uses a pelican for his camera gear. So when I brought up the issue I was having with my soft structured backpack he recommended this brand. I am very surprisingly pleased with this purchase and would recommend this the weekend traveler.
Pelican ProGear S100 Sport Laptop Backpack
– Solid protection for a thin 15” laptop compartment with the shock absorbing pads
– Plenty of storage even when a laptop in inside
– Easy reach to take your laptop out, especially at the airport
– The balanced carry handle for the pack does the job even the pack is fully loaded
– If you use the front pouch for your peripherals, it makes it a bit hard to reach down into the bottom of the main compartment.
– Hard plastic case rests against your back that doesn’t really flex.
– Awkward feel for use as a “shoulder bag” when laptop is in use
Peep this inside view of the Pelican ProGear S100 pack to give you a better look and to form a better decision on whether or not to buy!